Maxonrow, a leading blockchain technology company, will be hosting the first-ever MAXathon to create solutions to tackle COVID-19 related challenges with blockchain technology. The hackathon will take
Maxonrow, a leading blockchain technology company, will be hosting the first-ever MAXathon to create solutions to tackle COVID-19 related challenges with blockchain technology. The hackathon will take place between September 5 – October 3, 2020 – 100% online.
Who is Maxonrow?
Maxonrow is a leading technology company committed to building a safe and efficient digital world. We develop an array of products and services powered by blockchain technology, focusing on increasing security and efficiency in digital processes, including data management systems, tokenization services, and digital identity solutions.
The company proactively works with global regulators and governments to create a healthy and symbiotic ecosystem where new and innovative technologies can thrive. As such, with Maxonrow, you can enjoy all the benefits blockchain offers without sacrificing regulatory oversight.
Access and Leverage MedsLOCK
MedsLOCK is a communication and real-time monitoring platform that brings in all the information required for real-time pandemic monitoring like medical supply chain data, patient metrics, lockdown zone updates, blood donor info, and puts them all on one screen. The main idea here is to improve efficiency and reduce unnecessary swivel-chair interfaces.
The primary purpose of MAXathon is to refine further and build on the MedsLOCK system.
What is MAXathon?
The MAXathon will take place from from September 5 to October 3, 2020, and will encourage blockchain experts, developers, and other tech enthusiasts to create innovative, blockchain-based health and sanitary solutions in response to the five main global challenges that have come to light following the COVID-19 pandemic.
These five unique global challenges are as follows:
- Physical Distancing: Governments all over the world are searching for solutions to contain the spread of COVID-19. Physical distancing measures such as stay-at-home orders and travel restrictions have been proven to slow the spread in many cases. Participants are expected to create a contract tracing for social distancing solutions that can be quickly adopted.
- Health Status: As of now, the only way that governments can test if a patient is covid positive or not is to physically conduct a test themselves. Can the blockchain be used to help governments quickly identify these cases using verifiable data?
- Welfare: Will it be possible to promote seamless interactions between businesses and governments without an intermediary? Will it be possible to do this in a transparent ecosystem while incurring low transaction fees?
- Social Networking: Social distancing and isolation have irreversibly disrupted our lives. How can we use the blockchain technology to navigate this change?
- UI/UX: Can the blockchain help create a holistic and multi-dimensional dashboard that will empower us to visually and logically make sense of all the pandemic-related data that’s currently flying around?
Maxonrow is specifically looking for solutions that help solidify their MedsLOCK offering.
Judging & Prizes
Participants need to submit their project before September 30, 2020. Our esteemed judges will judge the projects:
Following that, 20 teams will be shortlisted to attend the Demo day on October 3, 2020, at which time they will pitch their solution to the final jury.
There is a total of €15,000 in prizes available. The winning team of each track shall be rewarded with €3,000.
The following media partners will cover the event:
Hackathon event schedule
I am interested. What do I do?
If you are a developer, student, or blockchain enthusiast, you should register for this event. Go head-to-head with fellow tech enthusiasts and build a solution that will be extremely useful in battling the aftereffects of the devastating COVID-19.
So, if you are interested, you should register yourself right here. Oh, and in case you are wondering, the event is completely free! You don’t need to pay anything to participate. Just have a burning passion for blockchain technology and general innovation.